Monday, June 12, 2006

Moving forward with clenched teeth...

This classic dream has a number of interpretations. It can literally mean that you are frightened of losing your teeth. It can show the beginning of a new phase of life just as we lose our teeth when we pass from early childhood and head towards adulthood. You may be worried about your self image or the dream may signify unexpressed anxiety. I haven't had this dream in YEARS. Its quite common actually - like going to school naked or falling (both of which I don't recall ever dreaming about). I used to dream that my teeth fell out and I'd put them all back in hoping they'd "reroot" themselves. I once heard this dream had to do with insecurity about self-image... makes sense, I mostly dreamed this in high scool and college when everyone questions themselves & does phase into adulthood. Its interesting to see that it might also have to do with unexpressed anxiety. I dreamed it again last night.

My second-to-last-molar on the bottom leftside of my mouth was loose. I could feel partly under it like you could as a kid when you shoved your tongue under it to pop it off. (Ugh, I HATED losing teeth as a kid. I hate any tooth sensation, I writhe). Itried to squeeze my teeth down harder, clenching them at times hoping to keep it in place. The dream had wierd details including my chewing gum and getting some gum stick under the tooth - I wonder if it would make the tooth rotten or help it stick in place better. It was awful, the whole dream was this sickeing feeling of the tooth getting loser, tasting blood, the tooth twisting around and coming back down in place backwards.

Why don't I ever just rip it out and be done with it all?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home