Tuesday, June 13, 2006

If I've ever been in a home that needed windows - it is right now

Dreamt last night that one of the bushes we planted this past March (all very healthy and happy in real life) looked fine but crumpled when I touched it. It was the juniper - it looked just fine, but it fell apart like dried out leaves when I brushed against it. What does that mean?

And, while we are all thinking - Why do public toilets have that split in the seat but you never see kind of thing in people's home? Why is that?

We had a "vinyl window replacement" guy over last night. Very nice - great demonstration. I felt like I was in one of those paid TV advertisements. He used props like sun lamps, -60 degrees 'frost in a spray can' and fire (yes, we gave this man matches to play with) to show us how the outdoor elements affect our daily lives through our windows. I think Rob and I were both rather captivated. We became this guy's personal assitants throughout this little play-by-play.
And then you ask - how much for all this? The safety and security of child-proof windows, the screens that actually heal themselves should a dog claw puncture it, the windows that flip open for easy cleaning and the peace of mind! Oh, how much for the peace of mind? Well, we actually couldn't afford all the windows so we dropped off 3 of them... if we signed last night... only $9178. But if we don't act now, its going to go up over $11000 after July 1st.
That's a car loan! Hell, for that much money, I could actually get a decent stove & fridge, install my brick patio, revinyl the kitchen floor, get 2 new ceiling fans, and 3 new lighting fixtures... or just redo the attic for an additional 800sq ft of living space! Hoowy!
Rob and I didn't sign.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home