Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Family of Five

I'm at work watching a family of 5... 5 kids that is. There looks like a boy about 12, a girl about 9, a boy about 4.5, another boy at 3... and a baby about 6/7 months.
Phew! That's a LOT.
I'm watching this all like a movie.

The 4.5 year old boy crawls up the staircase to my office - curious thing. He's not the first to do this. I say, "hi" and he scampers off. He later gets his younger brother to mimic his EVERY move from running in circles and falling down to hide 'n' seek under the sales associates desk... while she is sitting in it. Baby is thrilled at all of this commotion (I'm assuming, by her bright pink pants, its a girl). She bounces a fat fist up and down while making coo sounds. While hopping in mom's lap, she discovers her feet which quickly makes her refocus onto how fascinating they are to watch flop up and down.

Who has familes like this anymore, my assistant and I ask each other. Five kids? Good Gawd

I am sooo glad we don't have kids - the money, the burden, the craziness, the distractions!

The 4.5 year old boy (who's really ALL boy) runs to the baby... and nuzzles his face into her armpit. She squels and hops with delight.

I think I reaaallly want to have kids....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home