Monday, July 17, 2006

Hear this!

Someone sent me one of those EXTREMELY UNIQUE [read: sarcasm] email questionaires this past weekend. Which, yes-yes-yes, I did take the time to fill out and email back. I really don't know why I don't just keep all my answers in a personal file next to my resume and that list of important phone numbers so I can just save time & fire it off at a moment's notice. But no, these are the things I think of after-the-fact.
I always try to respond to the person who sent me the email - they do, afterall, think this is fun and they, too, took the time to fill it out. By not writing that person back, its like ignoring the slimmy ball the dog left at your feet just cause you don't want to get your hands messy (you are an animal lover, aren't you?!). But I do make it a point to never send my answers/questionaire on to additional people for fear I'll then be obligated to read their answers (I don't care if you prefer chocolate or vanilla ice cream. We obviously are not that good of friends if you keep sending me these "fun" questionaires that ask things normal friends would already know about each other. Or better still, if you are my friend you wouldn't put me through email hell with these fun ways of wasting my time.)
But I did like the question: "What is your favorite sound?"
I like the sound of snow... late at night when no one is outside... and its dark out but the sky is lit up with the reflecting glow of the white show... and its that gentle "shhh'ing" sound as the snow falls.
I also love, love, love the sound of clanking dishes in the morning. There was a beautiful spring morning I was walking the dog in the fan and I heard someone washing dishes out the window - it was such a wonderful spring-time sound. The feeling of opening up the house and getting up earlier with the sun...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home