Sunday, July 16, 2006

Plant it and watch it grow

Nothing very exciting going on in my days. J had her baby girl this past week (I had heard C-Section babies are cute but boy-oh-boy, they are either right or this baby's just got the right mix of beautiful genes). Rumor has it C's having a boy this fall (this the 3rd baby boy one of my friends has had in the last 12 babies I can think of off the top of my head. Is this the sign I have been waiting for... that women will slowly begin to take over the world? [fingers crossed]). Congrats to both on their news & big events.

It is 2 months till our anniversary and Rob still has made no progress toward making our trip to Boston a potential reality. I'm seriosuly not trying to be passive aggressive by writing this either - I harp on this plenty, trust me, he knows. But, sometimes, a girl just doesn't wanted to be the drum majorette in all the marches - know what I am saying? Sometimes I think, [cue dream sequence music and fill the room with smoke]"Oh, wouldn't it be fantastic to be surprised!"

I recently found myself laying out the sequence of events that Rob would have go through to get "While You Were Out" (or some such miracle working/reality home improvement show) here to completely redo the backyard for me while I was in Chicago. I found myself describing how I'd like to see things coordinated and what would go where... you know, just in case. I couldn't possibly have HINTED more intensely.
When I returned to the dirt hole called my backyard, I sighed. (All-the-while knowing it was all rather last minute that I had suggested to Rob how he should surprise me with a whole backyard transition. I mean, I only left him with 24 hours to coordinate getting in touch with TLC, sending the TV show here, design the layout, etc). But maybe he'll coordinate some big event next time (like *hint* BOSTON). The seed is planted, right? If the current state of my backyard is any sign as to how great a gardner I am - the seed will never grow in Rob's head.

3 Comments:

Blogger Robert Ullman said...

Well, you know me...watchin' TV and eatin' candy all day!

10:31 PM  
Blogger Brooke Ullman said...

Exactly!

10:17 AM  
Blogger CJ said...

Stop blog fighting, you two!

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home