Tuesday, June 27, 2006

month 29

I know you had a baby and, yes, it was a big event. Big like all those big events that happen for the first time.
"I am 19 weeks pregnant."
"Its our one month dating anniversary."
"We've been married for 6 months but have been together for 8 years."
All these systems of measurements are cute and wonderful and really mark how happy one is. People do not gush like this over things that have become, for lack of a better word, old.
My current age, "I'm 230 (and a half) months old next week!"
On the third baby, "I'm in my 2nd tri-mester."
On my marriage, "It will be 3 years this fall."
I'm not TRYING to be cynical but sometimes when you are in a foul mood about a particular subject - this cutsiness drives me mad. And, its not like I don't understand. I get it. I overall appreciate the happiness you are experiencing. Its great. But sometimes is grate. As in, GRATING, when I read blogs about one's 29 month old who is, not only marked in age by months still but also referred to as a baby. Its not a baby. Its a freaking toddler. And its 2 (and a half) years old. Some systems of measurement need to begin to gently move away from being small increments and give way to practicality for a reason. The rest of the world simply cannot compute the mathematics needed to calculate your child's age in months, your relationship in weeks or how long you'd been working at a job in days. Round it out for me - help me a little. Cause I'm thinking you need to move to the next stage in life where once the numbers reach a certain point, you begin to round up & help me out.
That's all I'm saying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home