Monday, July 03, 2006

The 28 day cycle

Time's almost up. A decision MUST be made!
I'm trying very hard to not act like that - that is, afterall, my typical modus operandi.
Random thoughts generated by this weekend:
Breeder: def.pregnant people. Origin: Pitzer.
(hilarious to say the least - I plan to use this term a lot).
I love sledgehammers (I knew I would) &, as a result, I need more to smash.
Laying in the sun with a book - is a perfect summer day.
Popsicle bombpops while driving a stick shift car in 90degree heat is possible albeit messy.
I am very lucky to be in the situations I find myself in - not to be hokey - but I have a great house, 2 great dogs and a very amazing husband to spend my life with.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd caution you against using "breeder" to a pregnant person's face. Just sayin'. Pitzer is by no means the origin...

5:11 PM  
Blogger Brooke Ullman said...

Ha! Now you've peeked my interest to research. What if I balance it all out by coming up with a title for those who don't have kids. I personally refer to myself as "barren" but that's probably not the kind of thing you want to say to someone who doesn't have kids either...
;-)
(yes, many think I have sick humor)

9:19 AM  
Blogger Brooke Ullman said...

OMG - Catherine, I did my research, you are right - pretty horrible term that I was not at all fully aware of:
http://www.happilychildfree.com/glossary.htm
Personally I think I'm a fence-sitter slash childless (cause a fence sitter sounds like its either a yes/no situation, which we are not exactly in).
Apologies.

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, no need to apologize! I've used "breeder" myself. Though, not to anyone's face...

I have a bit of a twisted sense of humor, too, so no worries. I just didn't want you getting in fist-fights or anything...

I've been wanting to tell you that I wish you guys the best re: all this. But I didn't know what to say. Believe me, I know fence-sitting. And if it hadn't happened randomly, I wouldn't be in my current state. I'd definitely still be on the fence.

2:44 PM  
Blogger Jay Geldhof said...

Take it for what it's worth, but the only times I've heard this term thrown out, there was a Gay guy on the other end.

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home