Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Stirrup + Pants = Fashion Brilliance

In 1988, (I might be off by one year), I was sent to grade school in stirrup pants. They were all the rage. Finally, pants you could tuck INTO your socks. Pants that would stay down without EVER hiking. Pants that made you look as if you had no knees. They were revolutionary. Well, sort of. I think we all begin to get tired of "bagged out knees", a rather common occurrence with the sporting of stirrup pants. Poofed out knees rendered you unfashionable the next time you tried to wear stirrups without washing them. It also later turns out, that they were hideously awful and did nothing for women. No pockets, they pulled down at the waist, they only came in cotton blends, and again - you now have no knees!
So, imagine the absolute shock when I walked into my work building (yesterday), behind a woman wearing cream colored stirrup pants. Where in the hell did she find these? They didn't look 20 years wash worn ... so I did a little research. And dammit, there must still be an audience out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home