Monday, September 11, 2006

*Crappy opinions

OK, maybe freedom of speech SHOULD exclude your crappy opinions (*see my blip about myself under my photo on the right of this blog).
Yes, I am leaving my company in the pursuits of something (hopefully) new, fresh, exciting and challenging. We're all licensed to make moves, aren't we? Just so we are clear - that doesn't mean MY move enables you to tell me what you really think about my decision.

To a variety of people out there:

When I knew you (an unnamed "you") were getting married, did I blurt out, "Wow! Really? ...I mean... are you sure you want to do that?"

When you told me you were pregnant, did I exclaim, "Holy sh*t, you can procreate?!. And now that we know you can - should you?"

When you told me you were moving to a city we both know... may not be the most exciting... did I remind you of this with my thoughts as we boxed things, "You know - maybe you should reconsider..."

So why are people, with whom I have no real relationship with, sharing their thoughts with me regarding my decision? My choice is made! All you can be, and should be, is supportive now. When did you feel like you could tell me about your neighbor's cousin who once worked here or there and what happened to them? Cause, quite frankly, I wouldn't work where you are either (I'd go nuts!). And, for all I know, your neighbor's an a**hole and so is his cousin. So, actually, ...now that I think about it... I thank you. 'Cause if your neighbor's cousin is as rude and as socially inept as you are... where I am going must be a beautiful place that couldn't stand your kind either. I can't wait to work in such an environment now. Thanks!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think so... If you are beautiful you have to accept it.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Brooke Ullman said...

I'm not sure if you are with me or against me, centigrade. I'm hoping for the former. Thanks for the post!

2:30 PM  
Blogger Jay Geldhof said...

I think that last paragraph may actually qualify as some type of "high-art!"

9:29 AM  
Blogger CJ said...

You crack me up. You tell 'em sister! Ain't nobodies business but your own!

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home