Monday, February 05, 2007

Super Bowl Sunday

Yes, I am a Chicagoan at heart. I lived there during the infamous 1985 season & the Super Bowl Shuffle (and I can still recite almost all of the words to this day). I completed most of my grade school through high school education living in the Northwest Suburbs of the Chicagoland area. And yet, alas, I was rooting for the Colts.
I think I just lost my right to say "I'm a Chicagoan" by declaring that.
I never liked Indiana. What happened to me?
I didn't follow the Bears' season at all this year and felt like I knew a little more about the Colts. Switching a fan base purely for the final game seemed rather fair-weathered... although many would argue letting go of the Bears in the very beginning was rather fair-weathered. But, whatever. The Colts won and that was pretty exciting for me... and the Bears played well (OK, maybe in the beginning they played spectacular but what happened to butter-fingers Grossman in the last half?).
All in all - an entertaining game - to say the very least. I feel bad that both teams didn't truly shine & showcase their skills due to the rain. But it did make watching "Purple Rain" by Prince all that more exciting for me in my friend's dry basement.
Now I need to go cheak out this www.superadfreak.com and catch up on the ads I missed while talking. So far, the Nationwide ad of Kevin Federline managing fries has my vote!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home