Wednesday, January 31, 2007

2006 Accomplishments & 2007 Goals

So I began my list of '2006 Accomplishments' and the '2007 Goals' this past weekend. My head wasn't entirely in the game, so I'm sure I missed the point on some things. Generally, this excercise helps slow me down and realize what all I have done (last year's successes) and how I benefitted from them (what lesson did I learn that I need to put forth in the upcoming year's goal-plan). I list things from emotional events, places I visited, new things I tried and things like big purchases.
This year, I decided to look back on 2004, 2005 and 2006 before writing 2007's list of goals. It was fascinating not only to see what all we have done in just 3 years, but also what I considered to be an accomplishment year-to-year. I think its interesting how our minds shift and change. What is important one year is forgotten the next. Two years ago, I really wanted to make an effort to try new recipes, so I accomplished that last year. This year... not so much a goal for me.
2007's list of goals was difficult to write. I haven't a clue what my goals will be in the later half of this year. Once baby comes, everything will shift. All my focus, all my energy, all my thoughts and, let's be honest, most of my income, will change direction. And how can you write goals when you haven't any experience from which to draw from?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home