Saturday, January 06, 2007

New Year

I've been complaining about our stove since,...oh...maybe day 2 of living in this house. Its never worked. It was determined, after buring 3 dinners in a row, that the oven heat was way off. I tried to "fix" the dial setting but the temperature could only be adjusted 25degrees in either direction. The temperature was at least 75 degrees off. We bought a thermometer to hang inside and I began calculating where the common temperature settings were on the dial. I then marked the dial with a sharpie. I later learned how to cook with a flashlight to read the thermometer, since even my sharpie markings became a faulty system.
So here we are. Finally. A new stove. One that self cleans. One that has the broiler waist high and not on the floor (try cooking a steak on your knees with 2 dogs staring intently at your meal). One that has a large window, bigger space inside, and higher BTUs on all the burners. and best of all, the oven temperature is set by a digital clock that tells when its hot & ready to go. *sob*, its beautiful...

Buh-byeBuh-bye

Hellloooo....Helllooo....

2 Comments:

Blogger CJ said...

I think I now have oven envy. Thanks a lot.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Brooke Ullman said...

Sorry 'bout that. I just had to boast about the newest member of the family. She's great. She really cooks - ha, ha, ha.

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home