Saturday, November 18, 2006

Blister in the Sun

So, I caught the tail-end of "Blister in the Sun" while in the shower this morning. I hadn't heard this song in years. I think they played it at every single high school dance at Fremd. (And I should know, I attended them all. Yes, all 4 proms, too. No, I didn't get around... I was just a fantastic date. OK, maybe I was also a vulnerable freshman dating a junior but that's a whole other story).
I remember being absolutely mortified when I left a mix casette (ah, remember casettes? We don't even own a cassette player anymore) tape in the Bronco when I borrowed it one afternoon. I was 16 and rocking out at full volume with friends.
My mom later takes the car and instead of turning off the music... she just turns it down. Linda really has never cared what she's listening to - she's like me - goes blank. But the woman listened to this song and comes home asking, "Why are you listening to song some about a guy masterbating?"
You'd think I was embarrassed about her knowing what the song was about.
I never knew what the hell he was singing about... and she told me.
How embarrassing.

3 Comments:

Blogger CJ said...

Ok, now I'M embarrassed, I didn't know that was what it was about until JUST now! Gah!

11:45 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

OH, and just for the record, I went to all four too...actually, I went to ALL of them. Four proms, four homecomings, four turnabouts. We were HOT. Ok, you were hot and I was lucky!

11:45 PM  
Blogger Brooke Ullman said...

Turning Japanese? Er,... do I know what its about, you mean? 'Cause... I don't think I do.
And, yes, I was hot and stupid in high school. Flat-chested with long red hair - I guess it was a combo that worked.

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home