Friday, March 17, 2006

Wedding Band Theory

Had this theory hit me while driving around after work on a sunny warm day... that was about a week ago (its cooler again now).
Sitting behind an obviously single dude in a fancy car at a stop light. He has his window rolled down and his arm grabbing onto the top part of the window frame - a position my father always like to strum his fingers against the rooftop. A classic guy/arm stance. He looks in the rearview mirror to see me behind him and eventually looks on after I put my hands up on the steering wheel top.
And I realize, this little dance meant something. He's got no wedding band on and I do.
Now bear with me on this: most people I meet, from Europe, wear their wedding bands on their right hand. But they also drive on the right side of the car on the left side of the road. Its all opposite of the US. So what does this matter? - I think auto manufacturers and wedding bands have a common link. I think it all has to do with men being hunters and possible infidelity issues. They like to hang their arm out the window and look at chicks - so making husbands wear their wedding bands on the hand that corresponds with the open window... has a purpose. Its like a mating signal.
Its all rough right now - but it is a legitimate theory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home