Monday, February 27, 2006

Avoiding the Bigger Issue

And Other Procrastination Tactics

I am notorious for delaying an issue. Big issues, too. I know Rob is probably shaking his head at that comment cause I am seemingly "Take charge, Take Over" about things...
I'm sitting at work right now doing, ...nothing. Seems like the dream job, right? Actually, I have managed to stall on fixing so many buggy issues (on my computer)that its renderred me useless. If my email locks up, I'll typically open another program till it locks up, too. I hate to quit what I am doing, fix the problem and start fresh - I just ignore it till its a big freaking mess. Its not that I'm lazy, I swear! I just have to many damned things to do - I can't take the time to do ANY of them correctly. My job: principal designer at a furniture company (all the print ads, mailers, internal stationary-cards-signage and website maintenance). I currently work on over 7 programs and sometimes 5 at a time (ex: I'll check my email while working in DreamWeaver and uploading pages with an attached PDF file I just finishes saving, etc. etc. - you get the picture). So many programs ...cause too many problems. I drive my IT guy nuts. I have actually killed 2 hard drives in less than a year and a half. I leave tons of windows up without saving a thing and half of the open programs - are locked up. (right, Rob?) Its catching up with me again. On Friday, I spent an hour or two backing up old print ads onto 5 discs (yes! Space on my computer!) and dumped some really old emails. Over a week ago I hit a wall with trying to upload our entire site to a new host (our website is over 2000 htm pages, thank you very much. Its freaking HUGE!)... its not displaying correctly and the new host company claims no responsibilty. She's right, but it doesn't help me figure out what is wrong at all. So, I'm left re-downloading the ENTIRE thing again (will take 1 hour +) and then reuploading it (another hour). Its just as well, I always put big stuff like this off so it stands to reason that I find myself in this mess on a very cold and boring Monday while I sit here watching files come down one by one. *sigh*

1 Comments:

Blogger CJ said...

Welcome to my world....I'm the queen of procrastinating. Why do it today when it'll still be there to do tomorrow?

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home