Monday, March 13, 2006

Not too old to party - just too old to rebound quickly

Well, the weekend was once again and like always - more than planned. Alycia always manages to get us drinking till we are OUT.
We headed up Saturday at about 10:30AM and showed up early afternoon. We drove the ESCALADE (yes, they have a fully loaded Escalade only because Jim works for GM and they like their people to test drive all their cars... so they have this monolith for 3 months. Its a nice ride... but freaking huge. 13 miles to the gallon - and he doesn't have to pay for that either!)...where was I? Oh! So we went to the open air market for an outdoor italian sub before walking around all the crafts/antiques. We then pulled together a grilled swordfish dinner complete with far too many glasses of wine and many people gathered around the table. We ended the evening (well, I should have ended the evening there when I switched to water... which, I never do, so I must have been drunk) downstairs in the girl's apartment (Jim and Alycia rent out the basement apartment) who were having a formal Mardi Gras party.... complete with tuxedo-toting men and a bar tender. One Jack Daniels lemonade later - I pass out on the bed (laying in the wrong direction with all my clothes on). I originally had passed out in the bathroom on top of a pile of shoes but somehow, later moved my ass to the bed. I awoke to a quiet house at 3:20AM; sober and wondering where everyone went!
Next morning - another couple, had crashed on the couch too drunk to drive home. Apparently he spent the night drinking hurricanes and doing Jager shots downstairs... and we were all back upstairs! They pulled it together and headed out while we went to a New Orleans style b'fast complete with beignets.
One comic book trip later (Big Planet in Vienna) we head to the Caps game at 3PM. Center ice, middle height, GREAT seats. One hockey fight and a dork on the jumbo tron dancing & smacking his own ass.... Senators win (sorry Capitols fans). We head out at about 6:30PM.
Monday - I'm back at work. Phew! What a fun weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home