Saturday, February 18, 2006

Date Night - The Berkeley

C'Mon Feel the Noise, Babies and Cool Cell Phone AttachmentsLots of shit on the 'ole brain tonight. Hot brain, In fact, I ALWAYS have a lot of random crap floating around in my hand but no keyboard handy at just the right moment to get it all down. My head's like a Farris Wheel with random thoughts going round and round again.... periodically one thought gets off and another is right in line to take the opening. No real reasoning behind what's on board at the time. Mostly its problems (like money woes) that ride this ride but I've been drinking already - so its all just random drunks on board at the moment. They all make no sense.
In a feeble attempt to get Rob to turn on music (and turn of Arnold Schwartzeneagle's "Last Action Hero"... which he claims he's watching ONLY cause he's seen the ending 3x' s and just has to see the middle finally) I blast "C'Mon Feel the Noise" on ClearChannel's best radio crap stations on the bathroom radio. He's finally caved after NIN came on... Dismemberment's on th iPod now instead. I like NIN... I like gritty industrial (albeit al-for-show) music sometimes.
We are getting prep'd to go out to a $100+ dinner tonight. A gift certificate from a colleage - business type of Christmas gift from 2004 I have yet to use. Its a GREAT dinner place (diamond restaurant!) ... we just never date anymore. So, finally we are going out for a fancy night and I need the "get dressed to rule the night" type of moivational music on right now.
PS
Discovered the idea of the centuary today - I need it:
http://www.elsewares.com/commerce/Hulger-P*Phone_MPD438.html

1 Comments:

Blogger Brooke Ullman said...

Dinner you ask- well, I don't think we would have waned to pay for it. We did end running the tab, to get this: exactly 100.00! We had them charge us a penny so we could leave the tip.
We were 1 of 5 tables filled in a reaturants that had 30+ tables. The place was dead. We had a seat overlooking the front counter - it was a little unromantic watching the matre dee hang out with the front deask clerk. Salads were extra so we just had main course steak and beef tenderloin. I did get one glass of wine free (accident?) and the desserts were free since there was... ready? A hair in my dinner! Ha ha ha! Nothing like dining with the Ullman's.
You're righ, married people do need to date more. Its amazing to get all excited and dressed up to go out again. We definitiely hope to do more things like this this year. Minus the hair.

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home