Monday, February 20, 2006

Anniversaries and New Beginnings

The Job WorldIts funny how we seem to have friends that are all starting new jobs or shifting in the job world. Recently a gal-pal, hi Kelly!, just switched companies and managed to move up a rung in the ladder in the process. Her husband, hi Eric!, seems to also be making that shift doing something a little more closely aligned with what he wants to be doing (AND will be working from home. He will be making some extra scratch to boot!). And another friend who moved here last September seems to be having silver lined clouds on the horizon with many great job opportunities including one that's more than what he anticipated on finding (keeping my fingers crossed for ya!). Wow! Its all pretty awesome to see - they all REALLY deserve it cause they are all excellent workers who seem to finally be getting the credit they are due. (I can't help but be a littlejealous. C'mon, I'm only human!)
I just celebrated my 2 year anniversary at my workplace not exactly doing what I want but with no clue as to where else I'd go at the moment. Starting over seems really over powering right now. I simply hate starting over. I asked for a review - I was told the 2nd week of March. We'll see. I could use the pay increase (to cover my monthly $75 increase on my out-of-pocket health care, Thanks George Bush!).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. That's pretty quick on the draw, Brookie. I haven't even formally accepted yet. If you've jinxed it, I'm gonna steal and sell your Christmas Bear on eBay.

9:07 PM  
Blogger Brooke Ullman said...

Not the Christmas bear! (although he would fetch a pretty penny!)

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home