Sunday, February 05, 2006

A Sucker's Bet

Well, I had to do good on my bet. I told Rob I'd buy a new TV if the Steelers won the championship (which, they did) and that I'd get to pick it out. I originally said "plasma" but they aren't worth it unless over 42" and in our teeny-tiny bungalow... that's ridiculous. I've wanted a 32" Sharp Aquos (I'd been watching them since Jan 2005; ever since our store did a promo with a local electronics store. I watched them go from $3000 to HALF in one year's time.)

We thought the dream was over when within 48 hrs after the Steelers excited discussed taking the Bus home, the entire local region was sold out of the TV I wanted! It was terrible. But alas, now we were free to go to my fanatical co-worker's house for the game (he recently told me that he painted the bathroom black and gold. He's more then a Steelers Fan, he's borderline psychotic).

Davis decided to go to Best Buy and take a look at the glowing eye candy this past Friday. They were still offering the same no interest till 2009 deal so he quickly snatched up a TV he wanted... and before leaving... inquired about the TV we were looking at. ONE IN STOCK!

After much personal debate and hand-wringing, we went to the store and brought her home. A very quick set-up session had her purring (or was that us?) in no time. We watched episodes 1 and 2 of LOST before retiring for the night. Let me just tell you, we didn't just "watch" LOST, we EXPERIENCED it! The sound (omg, we'd never need a surround system now), the color, the digital bliss... it was magical, I tell's you what. It might just be my age (I am nearing my sexual peak after all) but it was... that good.








The newest member of the family has arrivedIs it wrong to be this excited over a box? Man, its HUGE! Rob takes on the masculine task of electronic hook-upConnect this wire to ... this...
Go sit next to the old TV so mommy can take a picture for posterityEven the dogs want nothing to do with this dinosaur...With 300 cable channels, this set-up could take awhileShe's looking for all the TV channels... warming up.
This manual has 4 different languagesRob and I nestle down for Aquos:101. this manual is like a phone book!I can count nose hairsShhh, the pre-game's on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home