Wednesday, August 08, 2007

i HATE you KIA


Rob drives, well, DROVE a f*cking piece piece of sh*t.
That's to put it lightly.
My real, even more profane, thoughts on this car have been expressed numerous times and are really not worth going into. The point of this post is to really drive home the fact that this piece of sh*t, now worth $100 and that's including the half tank of gas IN it, has now decided to bite me in the ass after the 6 years of me talking crap about it. Dammit.
This car is one year newer than my Honda (its a 2000) and Kelly's Blue Book lists it at $3k. My car is worth over $8k. Of course, of course - mine is a better make of car. But still. Its so irritating that this cheap piece of tin is now belly-up in our driveway with a blown transmission and won't even turn over anymore. So now that $3k value? Its now $100. And that whopping $100 included the tow-away.
I spent over an hour flipping therough the listings of auto wreckers in the yellow pages this morning. 1 person never answered the phone. 1 guy took a message for his boss who would "call back only if interested" (I haven't heard the phone ring yet). 1 voicemail. 3 flat-out "no's". And one of these people, Mr. Shover, let me know that Kia's transmissions tend to peter out after 60k miles and basically, wished us luck.
Nobody. Wants. This. Car.
Me included.
*sigh*
So, now we need to figure out what we are doing. We are in no position to get the SUV we've wanted for the last 5+ months because our "friends and family discount" STILL is not applicable on this new model vehicle. AND, because Chrysler was recently sold, we have no idea WHEN the discount (if ever!) will apply! Plus, I'm still waiting for my fulltime employment status to be solidified, which, doesn't happen until after my maternity leave ends.... my maternity leave, which, I have just enough in savings to cover my absence from working & getting a paycheck.
Ah, Murphey's Law. You diabolical law, you. [waving angry fists at the sky]

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweetheart,

Get in touch with WCVE, your local NPR station (look at their website)and you can give them your car as charity. They'll tow it away & you get a tax deduction. Sounds like the best thing to do with this piece of crap.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Brooke Ullman said...

It funny that you should suggest that... cause Rob did! We get an automatic $500 deductible with the potential of that price going up (depending on what they sell it for). So, we could get more—$500 is the minimum... which is fine by me! Between this and the baby write-off, our deductibles should actually make a difference come tax time this year (for once!).
I do recommend WCVE for anyone out there facing a potential junker that needs a lift to the grave... the Kia left just this morning, in fact.

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home