Sunday, June 10, 2007

Sopranos

Well, that was a waste of my hour tonight.
Hell, the whole season was a waste. Watching the Sopranos these last few months has been like watching paint dry. Sure, there were some whacks but there was much more dialogue between fat f#cks jabbering on about money and what they plan to do with their money and how the intend to blow their money, money, money...ZZzzzzzzzz.
This last season; which, should have been shown in its entirety a year ago instead of dragging it all out (which, I think was a ploy to keep HBO subscribers paying each month waiting for it to come back on & finish already) should have been whacked. The storyline ceased being interesting when it became obvious that HBO was dragging out the seasons. HBO desperately wants to find its next "IT" show after the loss of Sex In The City, Sopranos, 6 Feet Under, Carnivale and Deadwood. I personally enjoy Big Love but, other than that,there are no other shows that I can't live without. Frankly, I think the new shows they are hyping up all look stupid. And I'm sick of one-hour commitment shows now that so many networks have started running seasons of on-going storylines that dominate my evenings night after night.
Bah! Sopranos. You made me squirm on the couch this last hour not from your edgy writing or nail-biting intensity. You made my ass fall asleep again and again. I actually turned to Rob at 9:59PM asking it it would finally end at 10PM or was this a 2-hour series finale.
And... Journey? I not only stopped believing, I quit caring. I'm going to bed to read a good book.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

C'mon...it wasn't that horrible. It was pretty edgy at the end where different scenes were set where anything could happen: JJ could have been killed driving that car (that would have been most satisfactory), Pauley could have mauled & mangled by that cat while he sat outside getting a tan on his fat face, and, of course, everyone in the restaurant could have pulled out a weapon and totally whiped out the entire, insufferable family. But David Chase, I guess, decided to leave it completely open as to their fate. I'm okay with that.

I am also glad that Sylvio still lives and Phil Letardo not only got pistol whipped, but got an extreme facial to boot. I'm at peace. On to other things.....

8:11 AM  
Blogger Robert Ullman said...

I gotta disagree with you on this one, Philbert. When all you can come up with at the end of a long, extended narrative like THE SOPRANOS is a lot of fill-in-the-blanks, what mighta-, coulda- happened scenarios, that's lazy, noncommital storytelling.

I guess it's been in the cards since about the beginning of Season Three that David Chase has an arrogant contempt for his audience, and that four seasons later he'd eventually lead us all to...nothing. But I reeeally wish I hadn't wasted my time with it.

I know folks are gonna line up around the block to give Chase's nutsack a tongue bath and tell him how brilliant he is, but count me out. THE SOPRANOS, as a whole, is an almost complete failure that should've ended with Season Two.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Brooke Ullman said...

Yeah- why the hell did they leave Pauley alive? Dear Gawd how I hate him...

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home