Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I like your tattoo

So after running around last night trying to exchange my kitchen faucet (see aforementioned posting called "Pegasus") for one that works, looks good, and doesn't cost me a red cent more than the old one.... I stop by a gas station on the way home.

While in line paying, I hear the guy behind me say, "I like your tattoo."
I could tell he was directing the comment at me.
I turn around and check my back (is my shirt tail sticking out?) and then look down at my foot. I have a nautical star for all to see when I wear flip flops (or dress shoes, right mom?). I look up to meet the guy who commented - and this guy is smiley. I mean extra smiley. Questionably smiley. Like the kid from Christmas Story who tells Ralphie, "I like the wizard of Oz."
"Oh! Thanks!"
"Yeah, its real subtle. You don't see a lot of that these days. There's something to be said for subtlty...."
At this point I look the guy up, down and back up again. What is he talking about? This is such a wierd topic to gas on like this and all the while... smiley as hell. Is this sarcasm or is he just an idiot?
I decided not to find out and raced to get in my car and out of the lot before he finished his transaction.
"I like the tinman..."

1 Comments:

Blogger CJ said...

Yeah, the strange ones have always been drawn to you. No offense, Rob!

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home